Monday, July 7, 2008

The Journey

Psaml 39:7 "But now, LORD, what do I look for? My hope is in you."
The Journey 5*13*07
Watching our parents go is
a painful journey to take
To remember all that they have done-
it is difficult to make
Sense of all that is going wrong
weakness setting in
No memory there, no words to bear
now childlike kin
To feed, to bathe, to comb his hair
now so coarse and grey
Once so strong, so filled with life
challenging what he may
Once my hero!
Where is my hero going, why is he fading so?
O Lord, please help this suffering to end,
help me to see your hand, to see your face!
Help me to understand this journey I must take!
Father, would you come be my hero, be my strength...
As my earthly hero fades, please come into view!!
This is a journey I must take, would you be my companion?
~inspired by a friend watching her father fight his battle with cancer and a personal journey with my parents~

No comments: